January 24, 2010

Box Top

Distracted driving: Are we STILL texting and chatting on the road?


I know, I know, I've been harping on this for quite some time now. Does mother need to tell you how to make me stop? That's right! I will stop nagging you as soon as you do what I say, and I say that you must STOP texting or chatting on the phone as you drive. So have you stopped? Yes? Good for you!

What? Some of you haven't?


OK, you've asked for it; I'm calling in the big guns. If you won't listen to me, then maybe you'll pay more attention when you hear it from Oprah. That's right, Oprah herself has turned her attention to this critical issue, bless her heart. In fact, she devoted an entire show to America's New Deadly Obsession, complete with custom t-shirts and a very catchy slogan (Don't tempt f8, that txt can w8). But it's more than just a show. Oprah is starting a movement, the No Phone Zone movement. Thank you so much, dear Oprah!

If you have time, mother recommends the entire episode. It is powerful, and true. Or you can select from various segments, or check out interesting related stories. And if you do nothing else, at the very least PLEASE go to the No Phone Zone to take the pledge.

But I know you're busy, so in case you don't have time to head over to Oprah's place and watch a video, why don't I just recap mother's complete series of posts on the topic. The graphics and real life examples are vastly superior on Oprah, but you can find the basic message here...

Have I issued a commandment lately?
Why you should NEVER text while driving
Good news!
Texting is not the only thing teens should NOT do while driving
And driving is not the only thing we should NOT do while texting


Oprah and I are not kidding. This is every bit as dangerous as driving drunk. It is life and death. So just don't do it, OK? OK! Enough said.

Well, except that moth
er is SO proud of all of you who are already doing the right thing. Thank you, darlings. Over and out.

Box Bottom

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Box Top Box Bottom