May 31, 2006

Box Top

Sometimes I Do and Sometimes I Don't

Hey, sometimes I follow my own advice. This morning, for example, I was behind one of those puzzling folks who speeds up and slows down and speeds up and slows down and so on. His faster phases were fine, and it was too darn early (or I was too darn lazy) to expend all the energy it takes to pass uphill so I just hung out behind him. Until...ta dah...another vehicle came up behind me. This was where the driver's duty to pass when you can out of consideration for those behind you came into play, and I got right on it and went around him. I suppose the new guy appreciated the effort but I never saw him again so really couldn't say.

And that's not all. As I was breezing along on the highway in the right lane, with a truck right next to me on the left, a pickup was trying to merge. What did I do? You know that since I couldn't get over I just slowed down a little to let the guy in gracefully. Of course, the perfect morning driving experience was tarnished just a touch when I turned right on red in front of a Honda that started up right smartly the instant his light turned green. Sorry, pal!

I'll try to do better tomorrow. Or maybe I'll take the bus.
Box Bottom

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Box Top Box Bottom