May 12, 2010

Box Top

Have I nagged you about texting lately?


Not nearly enough, have I? Because somebody out there is still doing it! I want you to stop it right now! And I'm not the only one. Since you don't seem to listen to me, here's a recent plea from a heartbroken Mom that I discovered thanks to a tip from my dear little sister (Thanks, Mary Beth!):

Woman Who Lost Son Has Message For Texting Drivers - Orlando News Story - WESH Orlando

This report comes from her new home in Florida. And what's going on back in the old upstate NY neighborhood? Well, pretty much the same thing. Here's another recent report:
Texting while driving claims eighth life in three years - Buffalo News : The Buffalo News

And of course, Oprah hasn't changed her mind, as you can see in this recent New York Times piece:

Dnt Txt N Drv

Finally, if you still need to be scared straight, here's a a collection of photos courtesy of my friend Tom (thanks, Tom!).

The label on the email said
Her last call was on a cell phone!!! Was it? I don't know, and this report I found at Drive and Stay Alive, Inc. doesn't say, but it could have been and that's good enough for me. And you too, right? Right!

Stockholm Motorcycle Fair


Now, come on, don't make me tell you again. Quit texting and phoning while you're driving! And if you will do those two little things for me, then I promise to stop being so crabby in the future. Thank you very much.


Labels: , , , , ,

Box Bottom

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Box Top Box Bottom